Garlic Bread - the perfect partner to your favorite pasta.
Oftentimes, we go out of our way to buy it from our local bakery. But what if I tell you that it’s possible to make it at home? You read that right, you can do it too! Actually, its recipe is pretty simple. As long as you have an oven (or a broiler), it would be a piece of cake.
You may be wondering why I was able to say how making it on your own is a piece of cake. It may sound intimidating at first, but do not fret. Because for this recipe, there is no need to make your pastry from scratch. You’ll actually be buying an already baked bread, then you’ll just handle adding the right spices and ingredients to give it the garlicky and buttery flavor.
Pasta dishes are delicious. But they become even more delicious when they are paired with this tasty side dish. Notice how most restaurants serve their pasta meals with a side of bread? It is because their tastes perfectly complement each other. Plus, using the pastry clean off the sauce from your plate. Perfetto!
Personally, I love pairing it with my pasta. No matter the sauce - tomato-based (red) or cream-based (white) - it still fits the taste of the dish. When I eat out with my family, I always make sure to check if their pasta meals come with this bread. From time to time, I also snack on it. Or eat it as my breakfast, while adding a spoonful of cream cheese. You can say that it is a favorite of mine. So I was very ecstatic to try this recipe. It was very convenient and fun.
Tips How to Make Garlic Bread
- Basic french stick or baguette is the perfect bread but you can use any available bread you have in stock.
- There are many ways to make garlic bread. My garlic bread recipe is made with 3 cloves garlic, 100 grams butter, 1 tsp chopped parsley, a pinch of salt and baguette. I can say it has a perfect garlic-salty balance.
- Grate the fresh garlic or use garlic powder.
- Bake the garlic bread for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is crispy.
Is your neighborhood bakery currently closed for business? Don’t worry. This garlic bread recipe will help you achieve your favorite snack in no time! Make it anytime you want, and at the same time satisfy your cravings.
Garlic Bread Recipe
- 2 short Baguette Bread or 1 long French stick
- 3 cloves Garlic grated
- 100 g unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp parsley chopped
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F or 150°C. Prepare the baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the Baguette bread into 1.5-inch thick all the way through.
- Grate the fresh garlic. Combine it with butter, parsley and a pinch of salt.
- Smear the garlic butter over each piece of bread. Arrange in a baking tray, bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust is crispy and the butter is melted.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite pasta!