Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe - This dish comes in different sizes, shapes, and tastes. Meatballs are known to the world, and almost each country has already made different variations of this dish.
In the Philippines, they’re not just added to spaghetti as one of its ingredients, but it is actually turned into a main menu called the Sweet and Sour Meatballs.
This dish is composed of meat and carrots ground together and deep fried in cooking oil. For this recipe, it is not just the ordinary fried version, but other flavorful ingredients are added to enhance its original taste. Vinegar, sugar, and minced carrots are the extra ingredients here.
This makes the sauce of the meatballs even tastier and saucier. As soon as you put it in your mouth, you will be able to taste the slight tang and the sweetness of the meatballs.
The smell is aromatic and soothing as it goes down to your system. The different ingredients mixed together will surely entice you and make you ask for more.
The best and enjoyable part of this food is the small portion of the sauce that you can mix with the rice when eating.
You will want more since it is limited when cooked and when eating with your friends one of them will surely take most of it and add it on their rice.
So, make sure you have enough servings for everyone to enjoy. Check this Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe and get ready for the real indulgence.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe
- 250 g ground pork
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 small tomato sauce
- 15 g diced carrots
- 1 tbsp flour
- 20 g green bell pepper
- 20 g carrots
- ½ onion
- 15 g pineapple chunks
- Combine the ground pork, salt, black pepper, flour, diced carrots in a mixing bowl.
- Mix until well blended.
- Add more flour as needed.
- Make the mixture into bite size balls.
- Fry them in a pan until brown.
- Sauté the garlic, onion tomatoes, carrots, bell pepper and pineapple chunks.
- Add in the soy sauce.
- Pour the water generously.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Dilute the flour in a small bowl.
- Add in the sugar and tomato sauce
- Add in the flour mixture to thicken.
- Drop the meat balls and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add more black pepper.