Menudo Recipe - Who would forget to put Menudo Recipe on their cookbook list? Probably, no one since this is already an all-time favorite. Menudo Recipe can give you two variations: the Pork Menudo and the Chicken Menudo. Both have the same ingredients, and they just vary on the kind of meat used.
Ingredients are composed of carrots, potatoes, tomato sauce, and bell pepper and, sometimes, hot dogs. This dish is just as the same as the Kaldereta; however, it doesn’t use margarine, peanut butter, and liver spread.
Menudo means small in Spanish. As the name implies, the pork or meat used is diced into small pieces. Some claim that the name is derived from a Spanish word which means Spanish dish for beef.
Just like other recipes, this dish has also been passed across family members, friends, and colleagues. Whatever version you may have for this dish, you are free to modify it a bit to add your own flavor or create a different taste.
With the variety of cooking methods and ingredients there are, people around the globe will enjoy cooking this feisty meal, and this will surely bring any culture, race or country together.
Try your own Menudo specialty now with this easy recipe.
- 500 g pork
- 250 g liver
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 medium potato
- 1 large carrots
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1 small red bell pepper
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 10 g raisins
- 1 tsp salt
- Prepare a pan in medium heat.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and pork.
- Add some back pepper and salt to taste.
- Add in the soy sauce and stir.
- Add the carrots and potatoes.
- Pour some water and add the tomato sauce.
- Let it simmer for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Now add the garbanzo beans and stir.
- Add in the liver , stir and let it cook for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Turn of the heat and serve.
Leave a Reply