Dalgona Coffee is a new trend that makes everyone crazy in social media.
A few days ago, I saw something that caught my eye when I logged in my Facebook account. My friends were sharing this specific recipe which results in an aesthetic and unique drink. Of course, I took an interest in it too. Out of curiosity, I watched different how-to videos to get myself familiar with it. Its visuals attracted me. With a rich, creamy froth of coffee at the top and its milky base - there is no doubt that it would have this kind of effect on the public.
For people who are currently staying indoors these days, it is time to rejoice! Who said you can only get the best drinks at cafes? Now, you can simply make it at home. With the help of your trusty hand-mixer, you’ll be done with this delicious recipe in no time!
If you are looking for a special blend that is almost similar to what they sell in cafes, this is perfect for you. Caffeine addicts especially will adore this recipe so much. Plus, it is very convenient that you can even make it every day at home. Be careful of your caffeine consumption though, just a reminder.
Tips How to Make Dalgona Coffee
- You can use a balloon whisk to make the coffee froth too. But if you have a hand-held mixer, much better.
- Any instant coffee will work for this recipe. However, there are reviews saying that the 3-in-1 variant does not work.
- In making the froth, invest as much time as possible. It would taste a lot better as time goes by. But if you want to be precise, 5-8 minutes will do too.
- Take note that the instant coffee, sugar and water is 1:1:1 ratio.
- I prefer to transfer the mixture into a piping bag and put on top of the cold milk. This way, it would look nicer. However, you can also use an ice cream scooper or spoon.
Discovered in South Korea, it was named after the popular Korean candy Dalgona. This makes it more special for Korean culture enthusiasts. So how about making a serving of Dalgona coffee to drink while watching your favorite Korean drama?
Dalgona Coffee Recipe
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- ice cubes
- In a small bowl, combine instant coffee, brown sugar and water. Remember the ratio is 1:1:1
- Using a hand-held electric mixer, whisk at the lowest speed until the coffee and sugar are dissolved. Turn the high speed for about 1 - 2 minutes or until stiff peaks form. You can also whip manually by using a balloon whisk, but it might take longer. Transfer in a piping bag and set aside.
- In a tall glass, add some ice cubes and fill about ⅔ of cold milk. Top with whipped mixture using the piping bag. Alternatively, you can directly scoop the mixture using a spoon or ice cream scooper. Serve immediately.