Beef Pepper Rice Recipe The secret to a great tasting Beef Pepper Rice is using the best cut of beef. The meat is the highlight of the dish so people have to make sure they only get the best cut when making their homemade version of this meal.
Some prefer using the traditional short plate beef slices since this cut is fattier than other slices, while others use sirloin or sukiyaki cuts. No matter what beef slices it may be, what is important is that the meat must be thinly sliced to get the ultimate taste and beef aroma.
Another important part of this dish is the rice. Japanese rice is commonly used for this dish, however, there are some who prefer just using any white rice available. The rice is steamed and topped with freshly ground pepper, and then served together with the beef in a hot plate.
Lastly, the sauce to use for this dish must be taken seriously. The restaurant version of the Beef Pepper Rice recipe is famous for their signature sauces, but these are actually just simply the honey brown sauce and the garlic soy sauce.
These sauces can be prepared easily, and each gives more flavor to the beef when added. Buttered corn kernels and chopped green onions can be also be added to the dish to add color to the plate.
The ingredients of the dish can easily be bought in local supermarkets, proving that even a signature restaurant meal, like Beef Pepper Rice Recipe, can be prepared on a budget at home.
If you get ever interested how the original Pepper Lunch beef pepper rice looks like you can check out their website just do a quick google and it will surely come up depending on your location as they have global presence.
Beef Pepper Rice Recipe
- 1½ cups cooked white calrose rice
- 250 g sliced beef
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- black pepper
- chili flakes
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp ground peanut
- 4 tbsp water
- Make the sauce by combining all the ingredients, mix until well blended.
- While the rice is hot, mix with half of the butter.
- Heat the pan and put the other half of the butter. Add the sliced beef and cook until the color change to brown.
- Add pepper and stir. Set aside when cooked.
- On the same pan, put the rice and whole kernel corn. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce and mix it well.
- Assemble the rice on a plate and put the beef on the side.
- Fry an egg as desire and put it on top. Sprinkle the chili flakes.
Leave a Reply