Moist Banana Muffins are such crave-worthy desserts! Whenever I see or hear about them, they no doubt trigger the cravings of someone with a sweet tooth. If you are like me, give this recipe a try so you can make this dessert at home whenever your craving kicks in.
Filipinos sure love making the most out of bananas. With the Philippines being an abundant source of the fruit, the people were able to enjoy it to the fullest! Not only are the fruits being useful as ingredients for several Filipino recipes, but many desserts benefit from it too. For sure, it is because of its sweetness and amazing exotic taste. Personally, I think desserts made from fruits like bananas are the best! And I’m sure many people have the same opinion as me.
Of course, the bread version is also delicious. But if you want to try something else, this recipe - which is just as good as its bread counterpart - will work wonders for your next meal. Better yet, serve it as a snack whenever you have a visitor at home. Or simply make it to eat together with some hot tea for a relaxing afternoon on your veranda.
I would love to make a few batches of this dessert when my family and friends come over. At the same time, I would cook it for my kids too. As something that they can munch on during the afternoons. It’s just so good that I would make an extra batch of it to serve as an after-dinner dessert. It suits any time of the day, so you have many options when it comes to when you should cook it.
Tips How to Make the Best Moist Banana Muffins
- Use overripe spotty bananas, it will add more flavor to the muffin.
- Adding greek yogurt makes it more moist. Alternatively, you can use sour cream or buttercream.
- Store the muffins in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.
- Do not over-bake to keep it soft and moist.
- You may opt out the chocolate chips and walnut if you don't feel like adding them.
- Use the same recipe to make banana cake or bread.
Actually, I’m thinking about making some moist banana muffins right now. Don’t you think so too? Let’s go to the kitchen and whip up one of the best banana treats for our family!
Moist Banana Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large overripe bananas peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup walnut chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 356°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, salt and baking soda. On a separate bowl, mash the overripe bananas and set aside.
- On another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add the greek yogurt, eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla extract then mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients while mixing, then add the chopped walnuts continue to mix until well blended.
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners about 3/4 full and top with chocolate chips. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before serving.