Banana Cake Recipe is an easy to make snack, a great way to use your overripe bananas in the counter.
We are talking about Banana Cake Recipe and this is so popular that people are constantly searching for this recipe based on trends.
I was curious myself as every time I go hungry especially when outside I always think about Banana as a good source of Potassium and fiber.
It can make you feel full quickly as if you ate a meal which is good if you are on a diet.
The secret of making the Best Banana Cake
The secret in making the perfect banana cake is to make sure the banana is ripe, specifically the ones that are overripe from the kitchen.
So no, do not throw that spotty banana from the fruit tray as they can make a delicious cake or bread!
Also, do not over-bake the bread. The best banana cake is soft and moist.
Storing the Banana Cake
You can store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4-5 days. Although, in my household it can also last a day because it is so good!
If you want to freeze it, wrap in a plastic wrap then aluminum foil. Put inside the freezer for up to 3 months.
Adding Greek yogurt
Adding ½ cup of greek yogurt will add moist and flavor to the bread. Alternatively, you can use sour cream instead.
Just a final note, most if not all of those sold at the shops or supermarket tend to be too sweet as they put too much sugar.
Making it on your own gives you the ability to control the ingredients and prevent you from getting sick!
It is definitely the BEST Banana Cake ever, it is delicious and moist! So go ahead, make a loaf and give it away to your friends and families!
Banana Cake Recipe
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large banana overripe, mashed
- ½ cup unsalted butter 115 g
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 pcs eggs
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnut chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 356°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Mash the overripe bananas using a fork. To make the best banana bread, you should use the overripe spotty banana, it gives more flavor to the bread.
- On a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add the eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla extract then mix well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture while mixing, then add the chopped walnuts and yogurt. Continue to mix until well blended.
- Pour into a prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. You can store the Banana Cake in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days or wrap it in plastic wrap, then foil and freeze it up to 3 months.