Beef Tapa Recipe or Tapsilog is somehow easy to follow. It is often given as a task for elementary students on their home economics subject because it does not require complex procedures.
At the same time, it is a Filipino favorite, wherein beef is smoked and deeply marinated before it is cooked for consumption. It goes perfectly well with the Tapsilog Recipe which includes the smoked/marinated meat, fried rice, and an egg. Tapsilog actually stands for tapa, sinangag, and itlog. You can find them a lot in several Filipino restaurants, but as both recipes consist of basic steps and methods, Filipinos can enjoy them in the comfort of their homes.
The very first time tapa was introduced to the public was during the year 1986. It all started from a humble beginning, as a Filipina decided to sell budget meals from her small eatery. As the years went by, the popularity of the meal has grown too much to the point that it is now considered as an important part of the Philippines’ culture. The influence was surreal, now almost all Pinoy restaurants have embraced the selling of tapsilog in general. They would add slices of tomatoes, atchara, and many other side dishes to go with it.
The unique Filipino dish consists of several nutrients, and one of the most abundantly seen nutrients is protein. The beef and egg are rich and protein, plus they also provide different vitamins and minerals. But as a red meat, beef should be consumed in moderation due to its cholesterol and saturated fat content.
The Beef Tapa Recipe and Tapsilog Recipe will work the best for breakfast because silog meals have set their own trademark as breakfast meals. But they are also perfect for lunch or dinner since Pinoys love eating rice most of the time. The meat is soft and tender, and its taste suits the fried rice and fried egg well. You can add sides too and the dish will taste even better.
Beef Tapa Recipe | Tapsilog
- 300 grams beef sirloin
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 head garlic
- cooking oil
- Using a bowl, marinate the beef with soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to ensure that the meat is fully covered with the marinade. Keep it overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a pan over medium heat, put the cooking oil.
- Add the marinated beef in a single layer and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until the liquid evaporates.
- Add another tablespoon of cooking oil and let it cook until meat is lightly browned.
- Transfer it in a plate and server it with garlic fried rice and fried egg.