Milo Pancake refer to a practical recipe that lets you enjoy chocolate and pancake without breaking the bank.
It is very easy and fun to make. Just like how it is with other milo-related desserts, this recipe requires only a tiny bit of your time and money.
Drinking milo is a childhood thing for many Filipinos. In the morning, most mothers would prepare a cup of chocolate drink for each of their kids. I do the same thing at times too, especially if I want to give them something warm and sweet for their breakfast. Additionally, a lot of us know that the chocolate-flavored powdered drink contains several nutrients. Which makes it even better as an ingredient for a child-friendly recipe.
Pancakes, on the other hand, are relatable to Filipino childhood too. Just like chocolate drinks, moms also prepare this a lot for their children’s breakfast. Actually, these mini cakes get cooked a lot all over the world. Even people from other countries love eating this food for breakfast, as an after-meal dessert, or as an afternoon snack. People know this treat for its versatility when it comes to flavor. We add ingredients like fruits and ice cream to make it taste unique each time.
Tips on How to Cook Milo Pancake
- Cooking is fun. You can use traditional ingredients like flour and eggs, or simply use a ready-to-cook pancake mix to make it all easier.
- Since the recipe does not require too much work, invite your kids over for a little bonding session.
- It is acceptable to use either butter or oil when frying them. For a buttery and minimal salty taste, you can opt for butter.
- If you love chocolate and sweet stuff as much as I do, drizzle the cooked pancakes with chocolate or maple syrup.
The moment you try this recipe, I’m pretty sure you’ll love it as much as your kids. Because seriously, who said that pancakes are plain and boring? Milo pancake tell us otherwise.
Milo Pancake Recipe
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp milo powder
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- In a bowl, combine the flour and milo powder, sugar and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Add the melted butter, egg and water. Continue to mix until the mixture is smooth and no more lumps.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium oil, lighly grease with oil. Using a ladle, pour the batter in circle unto the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Turn pancake with spatula when the small bubbles appear. Remove from the pan and repeat the same step for the remaining batter. Serve with warm syrup and fresh berries.