Filipino Style Chicken Curry Recipe - It is rich in taste because of the use of coconut milk which will lessen the hotness of the curry powder.
The coconut milk will also make the dish a little fatty which also helps to minimize the hot taste.
From simple delicacies up to the hardest dish to prepare, Filipinos still love it and will continue to patronize their own cuisine.
During fiestas or festivals in the Philippines, different dishes are prepared and cooked to be served to visitors or even to tourists who came and join the fun during the occasion.
We, Filipinos, should be very proud because many tourists come and visit the country and still returning because of the things that they can only experience here.
Filipino foods are the best because it has a unique taste that some countries don’t have in their cuisine. Just like for example our chicken dishes.
There are a lot of chicken dishes that are loved and patronized by many. They will even copy Filipino style of cooking just to have a taste of it again.
Chicken Curry is one of those chicken dishes that give Filipino cuisine a kick. This delicious dish has a very good aroma and a very rich taste because of its ingredients.
Chicken Curry’s main ingredient that gives its super yummy taste is the curry powder. Did you know that this powder is a very healthy one?
This powder contains Turmeric which is good to our immune system. It also helps in the reduction of Alzheimer’s disease and also helps in the prevention of cancer. Curry powder is really beneficial to us.
How to Make Filipino Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Sauté the onion and garlic until soft and translucent.
- Add the chicken, cook for 7-10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Add the fish sauce, coconut milk and water. Cover with the lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Put the carrots, potatoes, red and green bell peppers. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Add the curry powder then season with salt and pepper.
Spicy is the main taste of Chicken Curry so don’t use too much coconut milk. Filipinos are really creative when it comes to cooking.
Minimize it though so not to overcome the spicy taste of the dish. In many times that I’ve tasted this dish, I can just say that I will never ever get tired of its taste.
The curry powder really makes this dish one of the best dishes Filipinos had produced and they should be really proud of it.
Filipino Style Chicken Curry
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 500 g chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 large carrots cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 medium potato cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 small red bell pepper cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 small green bell pepper cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a wide pot over medium heat, add the cooking oil. Sauté the garlic and onion until soft and translucent. Add the chicken and cook for 7-10 minutes until lightly brown. Stir occasionally.
- Add the fish sauce and mix well. Pour the coconut milk and water. Cover with the lid and simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cook.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, red bell pepper and green bell pepper. Simmer for another 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the curry powder and mix well. You may adjust the amount of curry powder depending on how spicy you want it to be.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve with hot steamed rice.