Tuna Corn Pasta is both delicious and healthy. It can be served during special occasions or even on simple days. Plus, it does not require complicated procedures for its preparation.
You can cook a serving of it in a few minutes. Yup, it wouldn’t even take you an hour! That means more time for the family!
Canned tunas are famous in the Philippines. It is because they are convenient and healthier than most canned goods. They get used a lot in several Filipino recipes - especially those involving pasta ingredients.
Personally, I love using tuna as an ingredient for the pasta recipes I cook for my family. It has a unique taste that gives a twist to the typical Pinoy spaghetti. In addition, my kids will benefit a lot from the omega-3 fatty acids that they contain. This is why many Filipinos prefer using it too, instead of meat. We buy them from almost every market in the country, or from sari-sari stores too.
For this recipe, it will be quite different from spaghetti. You may consider it as tuna carbonara because they are somehow similar. This one, however, has exciting ingredients. Those that make it look like it was served by some fancy restaurant. So, how about preparing this fine dining-like meal for your family?
Tips on How to Cook Tuna Corn Pasta
- Choose tuna flakes so they will be in perfect size already. However, you can use the chunks variation or others.
- I advise the use of fusilli pasta for the recipe. But if you have other kinds available at home - like macaroni - that’s fine too.
- Add cream of corn to add more creaminess and corn flavor to the dish.
If you love cooking new recipes that are far from the usual, you may want to try this tuna corn pasta. You can give them a fantastic meal and save money and time on top of that. Isn’t that amazing?
Tuna Corn Pasta Recipe
- 300 g Fusilli pasta or any pasta
- 6 cups water for cooking pasta
- 1 tbsp salt for cooking pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can tuna flakes
- ¼ cup corn kernel
- ½ cup all-purpose cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp parsley chopped
- In a large boiling pot of salty water, cook the pasta according to packaging instruction.
- Using a wide pan, add the olive oil and sauté the garlic and onion until soft and fragrant.Add the drained canned tuna, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the corn and pour the all-purpose cream. Let it simmer then season it with salt and pepper.
- Put the pasta in a serving plate and pour over the creamy tuna sauce. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and chopped parsley on top. Enjoy!