Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe is a pleasing dish that combines both sweetened and tangy tastes that you simply can’t resist. The sweet-and-sour sauce actually came from China and is used usually as a side dipping, but now, it may be also poured over the fish. Due to the sauce’s reddish color, this dish is usually chosen to be served during festive occasions. Some Chinese would serve it on New Year since the color red brings luck as per the Chinese belief.
This delightful recipe is a great dish to serve to your family and friends. This type of dish is quite popular to the masses, especially to children, due to its sugary kick that always suits the taste buds of Filipinos. It also offers a new kind of taste besides the regular fish dishes one usually sees on the table. If you are considering opening a food business or impressing your loved ones with a mouth-watering dish, then this recipe is the way to go.
Check out the full details and procedures of this Sweet and Sour Fish recipe for you and your family to enjoy. It’s easy to follow and simple to make. Once you master this, you can add this to your ultimate roster of Filipino dish specialties.
Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- small portion ginger
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small tomato
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Heat a cooking oil in a pan
- Sauté the garlic, onion and tomatoes then the red bell pepper
- Pour the vinegar and simmer for 2 minutes (do not stir)
- Pour the soy sauce and sugar
- Add some water and simmer for 2 -3 minutes
- Dilute the cornstarch with water.
- Add in the fish in the pan
- Pour the cornstarch mixture, stir then simmer for 2 minutes.