Sizzling Spicy Chicken Feet with Oyster Sauce is the cheap Pinoy counterpart of Spicy Buffalo Wings.
Only that our version is a standout in terms of price and flavor. Well, forgive me for the halo effect, I’m Pinoy and have legit biases.
This dish is really worth nibbling and digging into especially if you are crazy over spicy edibles. Chicken feet or called “adidas” is also a famous street food enjoyed by the masses and even socialites. Yes, it is cooked and prepared in many variations to suit every Pinoy lifestyle and taste.
It is an all-time favorite pulutan that is red-hot spicy and has that touch of sweetness and a tender bite to it which is addictive. The love for this mouthwatering delicacy strongly depicts how Pinoys love the flirtatious combo of sugar and spice which is so nice.
Health Benefit of Spicy Chicken Feet
As for the health or medicinal perks of this recipe, eating this can give you a boost in calcium, protein, collagen, chondroitin sulfate, and hyaluronic acid. This part of the chicken, regarded as an excess part that is just thrown away, is actually very healthy and good for your body.
Who would have thought that this part actually helps you achieve a youthful, firm, and clear complexion plus also promotes bone and joint health? Yes, the infamous Sizzling Spicy Chicken Feet with Oyster Sauce is infused with the fountain of youth, is anti-inflammatory, and also great for cardiac health.
This gives you all the more reasons to eat this delicious dish not just for the taste and texture but also for the excellent nutritional benefits that it has in store for you. It’s also a famous dish for all occasions and mostly for lunch and dinner or as pulutan with a bucket of ice cold beer.
While some people would have aversions on chicken feet, this dish from the Philippines might actually turn the tables around because it has that sweet and spicy combination that you can’t afford to say NO to plus also get a roundup of health advantages that you can only get from eating this trending food.
Sizzling Spicy Chicken Feet with Oyster Sauce Recipe
- 500 g chicken feet
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small ginger minced
- 3 pcs red chili chopped
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 stalk spring onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- water for boiling the chicken feet
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium heat, add the cooking oil. Sauté the onion, garlic and ginger until the onion is translucent and fragrant. Then, add the chopped chili and cook for another minute.
- Add the chicken feet and stir to infuse the flavor. Pour the water, then add the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Season with salt, pepper and brown sugar. Simmer for at least 20-25 minutes or until the chicken feet is tender. You may add more water as needed.
- Transfer it into a sizzling plate and garnish with more chili and chopped spring onion.
Leave a Reply