Oreo Balls are the perfect dessert that you can make in an instant. Surprisingly, it only requires three ingredients. As long as you have all these at home, you can whip this up at any given time.
As a sweet tooth, I really find it amusing how there are lots of Oreo-based dessert recipes. Cookies n cream is one of my favorite flavors. That alone made me too interested to try this recipe. It can be an alternative to our all-time favorite Oreo cheesecake. But this time, they are shaped into bite-sized balls. They are very cute too! You can decorate them if you want.
The ingredients we’ll be using for the recipe are all specific. Besides the Oreo biscuits, the brands of the other two ingredients are not a huge concern. So feel free to use the brands you like and trust the most.
The main character is Oreo, of course. But for those who want to save money as much as possible, there are other brands that taste almost the same. Cookie brands like Cream-O taste similar, which is good. They are also somehow cheaper compared to Oreo. So feel free to get them as an alternative.
Cream cheese tastes amazing when paired with Oreo cookies. It also serves as a medium that will keep the cookie crumbs contact, thus they get easily formed into balls. However, it can be a little on the expensive side. You can try a mixture of condensed milk and cream (or condensada) as an alternative. It will taste a little sweeter though.
Some white chocolate melts are necessary for this recipe. It will be used to cover the cookies and cream balls. Oh, and shall I say it will satisfy your sweet tooth more? For this, any brand will do. You may even use Goya chocolates which are very affordable and delicious at the same time. Add crushed cookie crumbs before the chocolates get hard. Or add in colorful sprinkles and marshmallows to make them more party-ready.
Making these cute and delicious oreo balls
Place the cookies in a resealable bag and crush it using a rolling pin. You may also use a food processor or blender for your convenience.
In a bowl, combine the crushed Oreos and cream cheese. Mix until well incorporated.
Get a sufficient amount from the mixture then form into a ball. Place each formed ball separately on a tray. Place inside the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until the balls can retain their shapes.
Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave at 20-30 bursts. You can also do the chocolate melting technique wherein you melt the bowl of chocolates on top of another bowl, but with hot water.
When the oreo balls are ready, dip each piece into the white chocolate. I used a toothpick to hold and dip the balls.
Put it back in the tray, sprinkle more crushed oreo and refrigerate again for another 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Oreo Balls Recipe
- 370 g oreo 39 pieces + 5 pieces for the toppings
- 250 g cream cheese softened
- 1 cup white chocolate melts
- Place the oreo in a resealable bag and crush it using a rolling pin. You may also use food processor for your convenience.
- In a bowl, combine crushed Oreos and cream cheese. Mix until well incorporated.
- Shape into a ball and place it in a tray. Place inside the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave at 20-30 burst.
- When the balls are ready, dip each pieces into the white chocolate. I used a toothpick to hold and dip the balls.
- Put it back in the tray, sprinkle more crushed oreo and refrigerate again for another 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!