Orange Chicken Recipe is essentially made up of fried chicken bits coated in sweet orange sauce. This is believed to have originated from a mountainous province in southern China called Hunan. The dish is also popular in so many countries even in the west. It has adopted and evolved into different names and has been loved and embraced by a whole crowd of chicken lovers.
The technique may vary from different restaurants, but the most common ingredients include fried chicken pieces chopped and battered with flour or bread crumbs and a sweet orange-flavored chili sauce that coats every section of the meat.
The sweet syrup thickens into a caramelized glaze that pretty adds up to this food’s mouth-watering goodness. On the other hand, the traditional Chinese recipe uses dried orange or tangerine peel to liven the tangy taste.
The Orange chicken recipe can be paired best with fried rice when served during dinner or special occasions. Hungry and excited to cook? Find out the details of this easy-to-make recipe that everyone will surely love!
If you have tried this Orange Chicken Recipe</strong> at Chowking then you should be able to cook it on your own which inspired me to prepare this recipe.
I hope you will be able to make it and turn it into a favorite family menu. Please a comment and let us know how it turned out. You may rate this recipe as well right beside the comments section for us to improve our future publications.
Orange Chicken Recipe
- ½ kg boneless chicken breast part
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup orange juice real orange extract
- 1 pc egg
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup spring onion
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup water
- cooking oil
- Combine the flour, salt and black pepper in a zip lock.
- Shake to mix well.
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Dip every piece of chicken on the egg and put them in the bag with the flour mixture.
- Shake to coat the chicken.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown.
- Drain the chicken using paper towel.
- Heat t a pan in medium fire.
- Add in the water, soy sauce, vinegar, and orange juice.
- Add in the brown sugar and mix well.
- Drop the garlic, diluted corn starch and spring onion.
- Bring to a boil and add the chicken.
- Mix to coat the chicken and simmer for 3 minutes.