Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies opt for fresher and healthier ingredients. One can say that it gives importance to what it can offer in terms of the health aspect. But that’s not all, it also boasts of the delicious and freshly-baked flavor that many Filipinos are longing for.
How about doing this simple recipe with me today? If you like, you can even enjoy it as a bonding activity with your family and friends.
There is no actual history as to how these special cookies became a staple dessert in several Filipino households. Surely, people with other nationalities already accustomed themselves to these baked goodies even before us. But we Filipinos won’t lose when it comes to our love for this baked dessert. Because honestly, who would say no to a few bites? Especially when taken out from the oven and eaten immediately - the definition of pure bliss.
Sharing recipes like this have been my thing for a while now. I find it very satisfying that I am able to give some ideas to mothers who are like me - giving our families healthy and yummy food to eat. In addition, this recipe is not limited to being used by mothers only. People of any gender and age can do it pretty easily in their own homes. So you don’t have to worry about it.
Tips How to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- You can add other ingredients like dried fruits and nuts if you prefer a healthier version of the snack.
- Achieve extra chewiness by adding an additional egg yolk to the mixture.
- You can store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for 6 months.
- To make ahead, prepare the dough and put it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Allow to cool down at room temperature before baking.
I probably already persuaded you into making a batch of these delectable oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. If it is your first time to bake cookies, this recipe will be perfect and easy to follow. With a little patience and a passion for baking, you will end up with a gorgeous batch of these goodies.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 ½ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 177°C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter until smooth. Add the granulated sugar and dark brown sugar until creamed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Continue to beat until well combined.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients until mix thoroughly. Gradually add the rolled oats and chocolate chips. Dough will be thick and sticky.
- Scoop balls of dough and arrange 3 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake for 11-12 minutes until lightly browned on the sides. Don't worry if the center still look very soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. While the cookies are warm, press more chocolate chips on top.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Leave a Reply