No Oven Ube Condensed Milk Cake - the irresistible dessert that you should try right now!
If you browse my previous recipes, you will notice a condensed milk cake recipe. For this one, it will be a lot similar when it comes to the method of cooking and ingredients. But it is another variation that caters to all ube lovers out there. So if you’re one of those who prefer having a taste of ube in their dessert, then this recipe is perfect for you.
Don’t you just miss the sweetness of the ube cake that you often buy from your favorite bakeshop? Well now that it isn’t easy to get some dessert because of the ongoing lockdown and community quarantine happening all around the world, how will you be able to satisfy your cravings? The answer is simple - make your own at home.
This solution, however, is still bothersome for other people. Because who has an oven for baking sweets at home? Definitely not everyone. But actually, it is not something to worry about. Many pastry recipes are now adapting to the no-oven needed agenda. And luckily for you, this specific recipe we are talking about is one of them! Yes, you don’t have to be sad about not having your own oven anymore. With the help of other alternatives, you can make your own pastries.
Tips How to Make No Oven Ube Condensed Milk Cake
- I used the ube flavored condensed milk for this recipe, alternatively you may add 2 tsp ube flavoring or ½ cup ube halaya instead.
- Softened the butter to room temperature, leave it outside the refrigerator for about 30-60 minutes.
- Use a separate bowl when working on the dry and wet ingredients. This way, you can ensure that it is mixed thoroughly.
- Instead of baking it in the oven, I used a large pot enough to fit my baking pan and put it over a wire rack. I set it to medium heat and cook it for 45 minutes to an hour.
- If you prefer to use the oven, you may bake this cake at 180°C or 356°F for 40 minutes.
- It is cooked if the toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
Based on my experience, my kids and husband loved the cake I made. Take note that they weren’t big fans of the flavor, but they enjoyed it nonetheless. The dessert didn’t even survive until dinnertime. They finished it off quicker than I expected. It made me want to cook it again for them one of these days.
It’s nice to try new things once in a while. If you have enough time and a little extra in your budget, try making your own ube condensed milk cake. I assure you, you won’t regret it.
No Oven Ube Condensed Milk Cake
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50 g butter softened to room temperature
- 4 pcs eggs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 390 g ube flavored condensed milk 1 can
- In a bowl, whisk the dry ingredients including flour and baking powder.
- Using a separate bowl, cream the butter until fluffy. Add the eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and ube flavored condensed milk. Mix until well combined.
- Gradually combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated.
- Grease a 9" round pan and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Put a wire rack inside an empty big pot and set it to medium heat. Place the pan on top of the wire rack and let it cook for an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow it cool for 5 minutes before running a knife around the edges to loosen. Invert cake carefully onto a serving plate or cooling rack. Let cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.