No Bake Oreo Cheesecake for the Christmas season? Definitely!
Filipinos love making no-bake desserts for the holidays. And just like their favorite refrigerator cake, this recipe does not require the use of oven too. So you do not have to worry about which dessert to serve your family for this incoming occasion.
With the simplest and most basic ingredients, one can already achieve a high-class dessert. We will only be needing cream cheese and Oreo cookies - which are the main ingredients. Next will be the minor ingredients like sugar, butter, and such.
As much as Filipinos are big fans of their own local desserts, they involve themselves with several foreign treats too. Cheesecakes, for example, gave Filipinos the opportunity to explore and play with different flavors. There are many more variations to choose from with regards to this pastry, but we can get the Oreos easily in supermarkets. Unlike fruit-flavored cheesecakes, Oreos are not seasonal and can be bought anytime.
The treat originated from Greece. The recipe traveled all around the world and it started becoming a worldwide phenomenon. It came to the point where many people of different races and nationalities prefer it over other sweets.
It is often mistaken as to its Japanese counterpart, but their differences are actually very easy to see. This recipe is made like a tart in which the cook incorporates a wide variety of flavors. While the Japanese make theirs as a cake entirely made of cheese.
Amazingly, Oreos can give us more nutrients than we can imagine. Since the cream cheese already provides us with several vitamins, the cookies can add more to it. Overall, the dessert amounts to only a few calories and fat intake. Cool, right? This may be the sign you are looking for if you plan to gobble the treat.
Tips How to Make No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Use a springform pan when making this dessert.
- Put a parchment paper at the bottom so the crust on stick to the pan.
- Make sure to firmly press the crust to the pan so ensure that it will hold together.
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake will surely be loved by both the adults and kids alike. This dessert will no doubt brighten up the mood more on the dining table. With its sweet and salty flavor, plus the softness of the cheese and crispiness of the crust are something worth looking for.
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
- 8 pcs Oreo cookies
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 10 pcs Oreo cookies crushed
- 400 ml whipping cream
- 250 g cream cheese block
- 2 tbsp confectionery sugar
- 10 pcs Oreo cookies
- To make the crust, remove the filling on each oreo and put it in a resealable plastic. Crush the oreo cookies until it resembles a grain. Transfer in a small bowl or put it directly to a 9-inch springform round pan.
- Using a spatula, spread evenly and flatten the crust. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Crush another 8 pcs of oreo cookies by hand and set aside.
- To make the cheesecake, use a bowl and pour the all purpose cream. Mix using a hand-held mixer at medium speed for 4-5 minutes or until it thickens and stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectionery sugar. Combine the cream cheese mixture and whipped cream, continue to mix until well combined. Add the crushed oreo cookies. and mix it well. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan with crust and spread into one even layer.
- Add the extra chopped oreo cookies, gently press them down a little. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove the No Bake Oreo Cheesecake from the pan, slice and enjoy!
Leave a Reply