No Bake Macaroni promotes convenient cooking that does not require the use of expensive appliances like oven. This way, more people will be able to enjoy foods that can only be cooked through the use of such equipment before.
Who says non-oven owners will never have a chance to make their own baked mac? Through the help of this recipe, you will see the wonder and beauty of its no need to bake version.
Out of several macaroni recipes, this one is usually avoided at times. Why, you ask? Because many people refer to it as a complicated dish. Unlike the normal macaroni spaghetti and salad, they are easy to prepare and have simple instructions.
Filipinos are not too fond of investing their money in cooking appliances. It makes sense since most food in Filipino cuisine only needs simple cooking methods. Then, how is it for foodie Pinoys who love cooking? They follow no bake recipes. And luckily, there is now an existing recipe available for baked mac! So if you have that sudden craving and cannot buy it from the store, just make it on your own.
I can still remember how much I love baked macaroni. Whenever we go to a pasta place, I would choose it from the menu aside from spaghetti. It tastes even better whenever I pair a few pieces of garlic bread with it. So I decided to make it at home more often now that it can be made without the use of an oven. How was it? It was amazing! My husband and my children totally loved it! Actually, I plan to make it again today after sharing this recipe with you.
Tips How to Make No Bake Macaroni
- I used Filipino style tomato sauce and banana ketchup to make the sweet style sauce. You may use other store-bought spaghetti sauce.
- Adjust the condensed milk according to the sweetness that you prefer.
- While the cream sauce is still hot, pour it on top of the macaroni then immediately sprinkle the quick melt cheese. Let it sit for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. You may also cover it with aluminum foil or microwave for at least 2 minutes.
You see, good food can be made by anyone. If you think gourmet-like cuisine can only be achieved with the use of expensive cooking equipment, this no bake macaroni recipe is proof that the opposite happens. That you can still make good food even with practicality.
No Bake Macaroni Recipe
- 500 g macaroni noodles
- 6-8 cups water for boiling pasta
- 1 tbsp salt for cooking pasta
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 250 g minced beef
- 3 pcs hotdog I prefer to use red hotdog
- 1 ½ cup spaghetti sauce I use filipino style spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup banana ketchup
- 1 tbsp condensed milk
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup all-purpose cream
- 1 cup quick melt cheese grated (½ cup for the sauce, ½ cup for the toppings).
- In a large pot over medium heat, boil 6-8 cups of water. Add salt and macaroni noodles. cook for 8 minutes or follow the packaging instruction from the pasta. Drain the water and set aside.
- Using a wide pan over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic until translucent and fragrant. Add the minced beef and cook until the color is no longer pink.
- Add the hotdog and cook for another 2 minutes. Pour the spaghetti sauce and ketchup. Stir until well blended. Put 1 tbsp condensed milk then season with salt and pepper. You may adjust the amount of condensed milk depending on your preferred sweetness.
- To make the white sauce, heat a small pot over low-medium heat, melt the butter and add the flour. Stir until well blended. Pour the all-purpose cream and add ½ cup quick melt cheese, stir until thick and smooth.
- To assemble, mix the macaroni and sauce in a serving tray or baking dish. Stir until thoroughly mix. Pour the hot cream sauce and spread it evenly. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup quick melt cheese. Let it sit for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. You may also cover it with aluminum foil or microwave for at least 2 minutes to melt the cheese.