No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cake defines the achievement of being able to create a sumptuous dessert without needing an oven.
People worldwide are already going crazy about this treat. So it is about time for Filipinos to enjoy it as well, without having to go through complex methods.
Food experts consider this a quick dessert because it is easy to prepare. Amazingly, Filipinos are big fans of easy to whip recipes. But of course, no one wants to sacrifice deliciousness for convenience. We are lucky that both of them apply to this recipe.
What are you waiting for? It’s about time to make this treat at home so you can munch on something when the craving kicks in.
Many Filipinos find this dessert pretty foreign. It is from the far country of France where it originally began. But it was only a matter of time until Filipinos made the sweet into a regular favorite in the Philippines.
Red Ribbon - a famous cakeshop in the country - then started selling their own versions of the yummy delicacy. It was then that Pinoys started to love it more, wherein they even got ideas into making it at the comfort of their homes. By adding up whipped cream and fruits like strawberry slices on top, the dessert becomes even more delightful.
For this recipe, it is best to make use of dark chocolate. Dark chocolate contains much more nutrients compared to regular milk chocolate, plus many other additional benefits. The mousse part provides select vitamins and minerals too.
However, health specialists advise people to keep the consumption of this good in moderation. It is unfortunate how something so good can also have the chance of being bad for the body. Still, we can enjoy it occasionally as long as we know our limits.
Do you need to make a quick dessert for your surprise visitors? It’s time for the no-bake chocolate mousse cake to work its magic! It is very soft and yummy, the flavor of chocolate perfectly melting in your mouth. It will result in a very memorable moment indeed!
No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup white sugar
- 384 ml evaporated milk
- 250 ml all purpose cream
- 1 cup chocolate melts
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder for dusting
- In a large bowl, combine cornstarch, cocoa powder and sugar. Pour evaporated milk and all purpose milk. Mix throughly until smooth and creamy.
- Use a pot and set the stove to low heat. Drain the chocolate mixture to remove the lumps and pour into the pot. Stir continuously and cook for 2 minutes or until it thickens.
- Add the chocolate melts and continue to cook for another minute while stirring to dissolve the chocolate pieces.
- Prepare a loaf pan and line a parchment paper on the bottom and side of the pan. Gently pour the mixture into the pan. Smooth with a spatula and let it cool before refrigerating overnight.
- To serve, remove from the pan and dust with cocoa powder. Heat a stainless knife before slicing the cake so it won't stick.