No Bake Caramel Bread Pudding promotes the importance of using leftovers that will result in another recipe. It is sweet, fun, and a practical way to enjoy leftover bread. Adding a dash of caramel sauce makes it even more exciting.
Who says everything needs to be new before you can make an amazing dessert? Just like the process of recycling, this dessert requires only a few resources and money to spend.
For those who are on a tight budget but still want to make high-quality treats, this recipe fits your needs perfectly.
Believe it or not, but this bread-based dessert is several years older than all of us.
Origin of Caramel Custard Pudding
According to the recipe’s history records, the Europeans designed it to literally save themselves some money during the early 11th century. From their previous day leftovers, they discovered the possibility of making another meal without having to spend money.
It is amazing how the humble beginning of the delicacy contrasts with its current status. Nowadays, the sweet sells really high to the public, that even expensive restaurants started adding it to their menu. They treated it as a high-class dish, unlike its previous purpose which was to be food for the people in need.
Fortunately, many local bakeshops sell them too, but at much lower and affordable prices. And now, they shared the recipe to the public in case they want to try their hands at it.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling food that will not empty your wallet, this recipe fits what you need. The mixture of bread provides enough energy for the body to last a day. Plus, ingredients such as milk and eggs contain nutrients like protein and calcium.
Just be careful of consuming too much since it is mostly made of calories. You wouldn’t want to obtain more weight than you intend to, right? Thus, only eat the amount that you think gives you enough of what you need.
Either served for an occasion or for just a regular day, no bake caramel bread pudding never loses it’s an impressive flavor. It is a dessert that suits any kind of mood or celebration. This is also why many people claim it as their comfort food.
No Bake Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 6 pcs sliced bread
- 370 ml evaporated milk
- 300 ml condensed milk
- 6 pcs egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Using a small pot, put the sugar and 1 tbsp of water. Place it over low heat and cook until the sugar caramelize. Be mindful not to burn the sugar. Transfer the caramel into the round pan and make sure it coated evenly.
- Remove the brown sides of the bread and cut it into small cubes.
- Using a food processor, pulse the bread then add the evaporated milk, condense milk, eggs and vanilla. Process it until well combined.
- Put the mixture to the pan and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Place it in a steamer and cook it over low heat for about 40 minutes.
- Remove it from the steamer and let it cool and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Run a spatula or knife on the side of the pan and gently tip it into a plate. Slice and serve!