Milo Ice Cream is the result of a budget-friendly and efficient means of making a frozen dessert.
It is usually given to Filipino children during their meals or as a drink together with their afternoon snack. Including adults, many Filipinos are so in love with its chocolatey taste, and because of this, they were able to come up with different dessert recipes that can use powdered chocolate as an ingredient.
If that is so, is there such a thing as a frozen dessert made from the famous powdered chocolate? Yes, there are lots of them than you can actually imagine.
Not only is Milo very delicious and chocolatey, but its manufacturers also claim that it contains several nutrients that you cannot find in other chocolate drinks. Doesn’t that make it very ideal for the dessert you give your children?
As a ready-to-drink powder, the brand is commonly used in many Filipino desserts that are chocolate-flavored. It is even used by most people in making milkshakes and sometimes as a flavoring for baked goods.
Other than that, it tastes perfect when used as an ingredient for frozen delicacies and believe it or not, their recipes are very easy to follow.
Tips How to Make Milo Ice Cream
For example, ice candies and pops made from Milo can be done by literally anyone, even by kids. Just mix the powder in water until it gets dissolved, and slowly pour in so-called ice candy plastic bags or ice cube trays and place in the freezer.
Once they are frozen, they are ready to eat. They are suitable for the summer days in the Philippines. But if you prefer something creamier, then you can follow this recipe.
You can also add more toppings on the ice cream. My kids prefer candy sprinkles and mini marshmallows so I put those to add extra fun. What are you waiting for? Prepared the ingredients and create your very own Milo ice cream right now!
Milo Ice Cream Recipe
- 14.11 oz evaporated milk chilled
- 13.76 oz condensed milk chilled
- 1 cup milo powder
- 21.16 oz all purpose cream chilled
- candy sprinkle for toppings
- mini marshmallows for toppings
- milo powder for toppings
- chocolate sauce for toppings
- In a bowl, add the chilled evaporated milk and condensed milk. Add the milo powder and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, pour the all purpose cream. Use a hand mixer and mix it for 5 minutes until it becomes fluffy and creamy.
- Combine the mixtures by folding it with spatula.
- Scoop about ⅓ cup of the mixture and pour it to a 9oz cups. Put your preferred toppings. I used candy sprinkles, mini marshmallows and milo powder. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- To make a popsicle, use a popsicle molder or a plastic cups. Add about ⅓ cup of chocolate mixture or until ¾ full.
- Cover the cups with aluminum foil and poke a hole on top. Insert the popsicle stick into the hole and freeze for at least 4 hours.