Maja Jubilee is fun, colorful, and full of a fruity twist that makes the original Maja Blanca more exciting than before.
The typical Maja uses corn kernels as one of its ingredients. But this time, instead of just using corn, we’ll be adding an assortment of fruits. You’ll be surprised how the fruits complement the creamy coconut milk. This may even be the key to making your kids eat more fruits. At the same time, it is a perfect treat. Those who love sweet will surely appreciate the balance of flavors this dessert exudes. Sounds interesting, huh?
As a child, I really enjoyed Filipino sweets. They are easy to obtain since they can be bought at the market or from vendors selling them on the streets. Additionally, they are all unique in their own way. But I loved the coconut pudding most of all. I think its creaminess really pulled me in! And the corn, don’t get me started on the corn. It was perfect!
Because of how much I like this traditional pudding, I became hesitant to try the different twists to it. This one, however, really piqued my interest. Instead of just ignoring it, I went to the kitchen and prepared the necessary ingredients so I can start doing it. The result? An amazing dessert! I immediately made a whole batch and made my family try it. They loved it too, and they even asked me to make it again next time. I was surprised.
Tips How to Make Maja Jubilee
- You may use about 3-4 cups of fresh coconut milk instead of canned coconut milk.
- If you prefer fresh fruits, that’s also acceptable.
- Do not leave it unattended while cooking Maja to avoid if from getting burn. Continuously stir until a very thick paste forms.
For your next celebration, try this Maja Jubilee recipe for your family. I assure you, you’ll impress them a lot with this dessert.
Maja Jubilee Recipe
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 2 ½ cup fruit cocktail
- 150 ml condensed milk
- 1 ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup shredded young coconut
- ½ cup fruit cocktail for toppings
- In a large pan over medium heat, combine the coconut cream, coconut milk, whole kernel corn and fruit cocktail. Mix well and bring to boil.
- Dilute the cornstarch with 1 cup of water and gradually add to the coconut milk mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes while continuously stir. It should form a very thick paste. Turn off the heat and transfer into a glass or aluminum container. Let it cool for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Add more fruit cocoktail and shredded young coconut for the toppings. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve chill.
Thank you! Your instructions do not mention when to adthe condensed milk