Leche Puto Recipe the process of preparing this dessert has two parts: the making of the actual leche flan which would be the topping and the cooking of puto which is the base. Because of this, many people also call it the Puto Flan.
According to a story, Leche Puto recipe was just discovered accidentally by a young lady cooking a plain flan.
She realized how many egg whites were put to waste after cooking it, so she came up with an idea. The egg whites that are supposed to be thrown into the trash became another dish. And this dish turned out to be a renowned sweet pastry dessert that we all enjoy up to this time.
The procedure of cooking this is really creative. It is a totally exciting upgrade that you ought to try. If you are a person who likes both kinds of dessert, then this dish is perfect for you. Read this Leche Puto recipe, ready the ingredients, and prepare yourself for a whole new kitchen experience.
I am sure Filipinos will be preparing this newly found dessert on Christmas day and will be seen during celebrations such as birthdays, weddings, Christening etc. and if you haven't tried one you better do because you do not want to miss this Leche Puto Recipe melting in your mouth.
Leche Puto Recipe
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 egg white
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 2 tsp lemon
- 1 1/12 cups water
- 1 cup condensed milk
- Combine the egg yolks, condensed milk and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and mix gently.
- Wax the molders.
- Put the eg mixture in the molders half full.
- Steam for 10 minutes.
- Combine the egg white, evaporated milk and sugar in a mixing bowl and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the egg white mixture and mix well while you pour the water gradually.
- Mix well.
- After 10 minutes take the steamed egg yolk and pour in the egg white mixture.
- Steam back for another 10 minutes.