Jollibee Peach Mango Pie Recipe can help satisfy your dessert cravings. The treat that was originally discovered by the most famous Filipino fast-food chain giant can actually be made by anyone, anywhere! No need to worry, because the recipe will no doubt taste so much like the original you won’t be able to tell the difference.
During the late 1970s, a struggling young adult was thinking of ways to give his family a better life. As someone with Chinese blood, he always considered building a business as a stepping stone to success, so he used the savings of their family to start his very first business which was an ice cream parlor. After a few years, he decided to add a few more food variants to his menus like hamburgers, fried chicken, and the like. Little did he know that it was the start of something that will surprise even his expectations of a good life. It was the beginning of the biggest and most successful Pinoy food chain that every Filipino came to love. There is no age restriction when it comes to loving Jollibee, children and adults alike are very much in love with it.
Tips How to Make Jollibee Peach Mango Pie
- Use cold butter to make flaky pastry or crust.
- You can use store-bought puff pastry and skip the procedure in making the crust.
- Wrap the dough with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or up to overnight. The dough will be dense after this process.
- Brush an egg white to the pastry before you put the filling. This will prevent the pastry from absorbing the moisture in the filling.
- Before frying, glaze each pie with warm diluted cornstarch to make the crust even crunchier.
Pocket pies have been part of the Pinoy food culture for a long time already. It all started with empanadas, although it is stuffed with savory fillings than the sweet ones. However, it is how the Filipinos’ love for small pies began.
Since most fast foods are not designed to give nutrients to whoever feeds on them, so to make it health-friendly, it is a nice idea to make something homemade out of them. For the sweet pie from Jollibee, you can choose fresh and healthy ingredients to ensure that it will be beneficial for the people who eat them. This will make it even better for the kids.
Both the kids and adults in your household will surely love the Jollibee Peach Mango Pie Recipe. It is certain to retain the original qualities of the dessert, including the very crispy crust and the rich-flavored filling. Be cautious of eating it while it’s hot though!
Jollibee Peach Mango Pie Recipe
- 1 cup peach fresh or canned, cut into cubes
- 1 cup ripe mango cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp peach syrup or plain water
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch diluted in 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 ½ cup flour
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter cold, cut into cubes
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup warm milk
- 1 egg white for brushing
- 1 cup cooking oil for frying
- 1 tsp cornstarch diluted in 1 tbsp water, heated
- To make the filling, heat a pan over medium heat. Combine the peach, mango, syrup and sugar. Cook for 2 minutes until the sugar is dissolved. Add the salt and cinnamon. Pour the cornstarch mixture, stir and cook until the sauce thicken. Set aside and allow it to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar and salt. Add the cold butter and mix until it resembles a pebble-like or sand texture.
- Combine the warm milk and egg yolk in a jug. Pour it into the flour mixture and mix until a dough forms. Transfer into a clean flat surface, lightly floured and knead manually for 5 minutes or until smooth. Wrap in a plastic wrap and put inside the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- Divide the dough into two and flatten using a rolling pin. Please note that the dough should not be too thin when flattened. Cut the edges to make one large square, then divide it into four parts.
- Brush an egg white to the pastry, then scoop about 2-3 tablespoonful of the filling and place it in the middle. Fold the pastry over the filling and using a fork, push down the edges to seal. Glaze each pie with the cornstarch mixture.
- Heat a wide pan over medium heat, add the cooking oil. Once the oil is hot enough, deep-fry the pie for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain excess oil. Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.