Instant Pot Dulce De Leche in Can has its origins from Latin America or specifically in Argentina which translates to “candy of milk” or “milk candy.” This sweet caramelized milk can be used as an ingredient or flavoring in baking or cooking other meals.
This can also be used to drizzle or as a topping for ice cream and other desserts. It can also be a traditional caramelized spread for your favorite slice of bread or toast. Combine it with peanut butter to double the fun and excitement in flavors! For coffee aficionados, Dulce De Leche would be a perfect sweetener for your latte or chocolate drink too.
It’s truly a versatile confection that can be cooked in two ways. One is the classic route that needs more focus and handwork especially for stirring milk and sugar. While the modern route may take longer than usual but would not require much attention. As long as you remember to set up the timer in your oven. Yes, easy peasy!
As you know, milk is highly nutritious so you get the calcium boost you need from Dulce De Leche without even realizing it as you are savoring every sweet drop!
This confection can be introduced in your meals at any point in breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Most of the time, you would usually see this served in tables for breakfast and for meriendas.
If you have a sweet tooth, Dulce De Leche has all that heavenly flavors packed to please your palate. At first glance, it looks like a caramel but it's actually sweetened milk which is heated for a long time.
Alternative Method of Cooking Dulce De Leche
- Using Slow Cooker - this method takes longer, but the water level is not an issue at all.
- Using Double Broiler - transfer the sweetened condensed milk in a bowl and place it on top of a simmer hot water. Keep on stirring until it thickens and turns into light golden brown. The best part about this method is you can actually see what's happening instead of heating the can.
Filipinos are sugar and spice lovers which are evident in our array of traditional Pinoy dishes. Instant Pot Dulce De Leche In Can is a sinful and addictive treat that you can legally indulge in every single day without the guilt.
Instant Pot Delce De Leche In Can Recipe
- 1 can condensed milk or as many can as you like
- 8 cups water or more
- Peel off the label from the can of sweetened condensed milk. Place in a large pot with water. You want to make sure it is fully submerged, bring to boil then change it to low heat.
- Simmer the can(s) for 2 hours if you want a lighter golden brown Dulce De Leche. Simmer for 2 ½ hours if you want a deeper color and flavor. It's very important that you check the water level and add more as necessary.
- Using tongs, carefully remove the can(s) from the pot and allow it to cool at room temperature. Do not open the can while it is hot, it may explode. Let them cool completely before opening.
- Open the can, stir the dulce de leche, transfer it to a jar, and store it inside the refrigerator for up to 1 month.