Homemade Pizza Dough is so easy to make. Aren’t you curious how the dough from your favorite pizza is made? Perfect timing! Because I am about to share this simple recipe that you can easily follow at home. In fact, you can even do it right about now!
We all know that the concept of making this has nothing to do with Filipino cuisine. It is 100% influenced by Italian cuisine, where it originally came from. But somehow, there is something about it that reminds us of our Pinoy childhood memories. It must be the cart-dwelling vendors who sold slices for a few pesos each. From that day on, Filipinos were somehow able to make it as if it is their own. And with a few tweaks - voila! - the taste that Pinoys long for, a Filipino-style pizza!
During my childhood, I loved to eat a lot of street foods. One of them is this Italian-style dish, but it tasted very Pinoy. I can still remember the vendor at that time, we would ask him for more ketchup. There were also times when I would take home a few slices and give them to my family. It was a simple joy that our family savored together.
Ingredients needed to Make Homemade Pizza Dough
- all-purpose flour
- instant dry yeast - you may also use 2 ¼ tsp or 7g active dry yeast instead. Please note that if that's what you will use, you need to proof the yeast with warm water
- warm water
- olive oil
With this recipe, I am able to make 4 medium size pizza. I also cook one of them in a pan and others are baked in the oven. Both turn out great and delicious!
Let's start making pizza...
I wanted to give my children a glimpse of how a Filipino childhood feels like in the early days. So I decided to make some homemade pizzas to surprise them. And guess what? So far, they were amazed! Said they almost thought it was store-bought. After they finished it in a few minutes, they asked me to cook more for them.
This homemade pizza dough recipe will be perfect for your next movie marathon session with your family. Chip in your favorite sauces and toppings. Then sprinkle it with lots and lots of cheese! There you have it - the perfect snack!
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded ham
- ½ cup cheese
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients including flour, salt, sugar and yeast. Add the water and olive oil. Mix until a soft dough forms. Using a stand mixer, mix it for 6 minutes or manually knead for 8 minutes or until smooth.
- Transfer into a lightly floured flat surface and divide the dough into two. Place it in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for 30 minutes up to an hour until the size is doubled.
- When the dough is ready, punch the dough to release any air bubbles. Cut it again into two and shape into a ball. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough to your desired size.
- Cook in the oven for 5 minutes at 200°C or 392°F. For the pan pizza, cook it in a stove over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings. Cook for another 5 minutes in the oven until the cheese is melted. For the pan pizza, cover with the lid and cook for another 5 minutes. Slice and serve!