Condensed Milk Cake No Oven hails as one of the easiest desserts to make. Usually, the recipe will only require a minimum of 4 ingredients.
It can serve as a base for many other kinds of cake or it can also be eaten and served by itself.
Are you curious about how it is possible to cook a cake without using an oven? This is what we call the other useful functions of steaming. Think of what goes on when cooking rice cake on a steamer, the result is almost similar for this recipe. Other people even use their rice cookers to make no-bake pastries, which is also applicable for this dessert.
Actually, whoever discovered the pastry is not yet clearly known until today. What there is are only assumptions. They said maybe the person decided they want to substitute the sweet milk for sugar or they wanted the finished product to be creamier.
Years have passed since people embraced the concept of no-bake desserts. This method is very helpful and it often comes in handy for people who do not have available ovens at home. This is the reason why Filipinos eagerly adopted this style of cooking. Since most Filipino homes are not using ovens for baking.
The recipe’s improved nutrition profile makes the assumption of substituting the sweetened milk for sugar possible. Because when compared to normal sugar, the milk provides more healthy components like protein and calcium. On top of that, it will add a more distinct kind of sweetness and milkier texture. In short, it was a great idea to add it into the recipe due to it being beneficial in both taste and health.
Do you prefer plain and simple cakes over flavored ones? Then condensed milk cake no oven is the perfect recipe for you. Biting into it will feel like being in cloud nine, thanks to its fluffiness and richness. Or if you want to make a base for your chocolate cake, you can also do this recipe to add a little twist to its flavor.
Condensed Milk Cake No Oven Recipe
- big pot
- wire rack
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 can condensed milk 390ml
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 4 pcs eggs
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and the butter until well incorporated. Add the condensed milk and mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Grease a 9" round pan and gently pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Put a wire rack inside an empty big pot and set it to low heat.. Place the pan on top of the wire rack and let it cook for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool for 5 minutes before running a table knife around the edges to loosen. Invert cake carefully onto a serving plate or cooling rack. Let cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.