Chocolate Brownies for dessert? Sure, why not? Is there actually someone who can say no to this treat? It’s one of the best out there, not even a person who does not like sweets can deny it.
You will notice it on how bakeries and bakeshops in the Philippines are filled with stocks of the choco goodies, sometimes even the biggest stores sell them too. The more chocolatey, the better and the more it is loved by the public. It is fun to see adults buying them for themselves because it isn’t just kids who have sweet tooth.
Filipino brownies are made from unsweetened choco most of the time, so if you want a traditional taste for the treats, it is best to use local ingredients like tablea which is 100% natural and it is sure to not contain any sort of preservatives. It will give the dessert a perfectly dark flavor, something that non-sweet lovers can enjoy too. But if it kids will be the ones eating them, it's better to add ingredients that can make it a little sweeter.
Tips How to Make Chocolate Brownies
- Place a heat-proof bowl over a pot with simmering water and melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Add chopped peanuts or walnut to add a little bit of crunch.
- Place the freshly cooked brownies in an air-tight container and store inside the refrigerator for about a week or at room temperature for 3-4 days.
The goodies were originally discovered in the United States of America, but today almost all countries are making their own versions of the sweet. They add whichever ingredients are available in their area, and through that, they can make their version more personally theirs.
As a homemade dessert, you can freely choose the ingredients that will be used for baking the brownies. If you want it to be healthier, it is possible to add some ingredients like cashew nuts and some pieces of fruit to the recipe. Chocolate is also healthy, as it contains powerful plant compounds and antioxidants too.
Their richness and freshness make chocolate brownies a top choice for an after-meal dessert. Some of the baked goodies are even filled with more chocolate inside, and the moment you take a bite it will come oozing right out of the brownie. It’s just so good!
Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- 125 g unsalted butter chopped
- 200 g chocolate melts
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts or chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven at 170°C or 338°F. Line a 5cm deep square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a heatproof bowl, mix chocolate melts and butter. Place the bowl over a pot with simmering water. Make sure the bowl is not touching the water. Stir until everything is melted and well combined. Remove from the heat and let it cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture. Sift the flour, salt and cocoa powder over the mixture and mix well.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the pan and put the crushed peanut on top. Bake at 170°C or 338°F for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool before slicing into 12 equal pieces. Store in an air-tight container and put in the fridge for up to one week or at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.
Leave a Reply