Chicken Sprite Recipe is a typical Filipino mother’s friend when the holiday season is approaching.
This recipe shows a unique way of cooking chicken. By simply adding a sparkling carbonated drink known as Sprite, the chicken is given with a tasty flavor.
Tips How to Cook Chicken Sprite
- Chicken can be easy under cook that's why I pan-fried the whole chicken first before mixing it with the sauce.
- You can also use lime water or sparkling water instead of sprite. This will help to tenderize the chicken.
- Instead of using whole chicken, you may also use cut chicken parts.
It is true though, but sometimes you will get curious how it does not taste like the drink after cooking. It is what makes the dish amazing, how a child’s favorite drink while eating snacks can be used as a marinade.
Out of all meats, chicken is one of the healthiest. It is called white meat which may literally refer to its appearance or as a way to differentiate it from red meat.
It is very high in protein, but if you want to get the most nutrients you should eat the breast part, which is often made into the fillet. Lots of vitamins and minerals are also found in it, this makes the dish a healthy choice for your Christmas party.
Thanks to the Sprite, the meat becomes very soft and tender. The drink also gives a little sweetness to the dish, which can attract the taste buds of kids.
Have you tried including Sprite on your dish? Are you curious about how it tastes? Follow the simple recipe for a holiday-perfect dish.
Chicken Sprite Recipe
- 2 lb whole chicken
- 500 ml Sprite
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- spring onion
- In a deep pan over medium heat, add cooking oil
and fry the whole chicken for about 3 minutes on each side or until light
brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté the onion and garlic until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Add the Sprite, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Put back the chicken and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Let is cook for another 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Put the spring onion on top and transfer it in a serving plate. Serve and enjoy!
Isn't cooking sprite carcinogenic?