Chicken Macaroni Soup Recipe In the Philippines, the hotness of the weather is usually the problem of many Filipinos.
That is why they really love it when the temperature in the country goes down and made the weather a little bit colder.
During the rainy seasons, the weather is cold and so the Filipinos would find a way to warm themselves. They would drink hot coffee and cook warm, delicious soup. It will already bring them comfort during a nice, cold rainy day. Do you know what soup are we talking about? It’s Sopas.
What part of the chicken do they usually put on the soup? It is already up to you but I suggest, you use the chicken breast part of the chicken. It is more tender and easier to shred later on.
When I was still in elementary grades, I’ve learned to cook Sopas in one of my subjects. I’m not really sure if I even done it well. But I think I passed it.
How to Cook Chicken Macaroni Soup
In cooking this soup, you have to make chicken stock again. After you already have the stock, separate the chicken, let it cool down before you shred it into pieces. You can use butter or margarine for sautéing the ingredients.
In choosing the milk to make the soup a lot richer in taste and creamier, you may choose light cream instead of the evaporated milk. It’s your choice also if you wanted to add the shredded cabbage.
But remember to add it later on or at the end of your cooking to avoid getting it over-cooked. You may add also cut hotdogs especially if you are preparing it for your lovable kids. They would surely love it.
Chicken Macaroni Soup Recipe is also good if you are not feeling well. The warm, tasty soup would make your patient feel a lot better.
Be careful though in giving it to your patient because you might burn his or her tongue. In schools here in the Philippines, they serve Sopas in canteens as a snack for the children because it is a nutritious food.
Healthy foods should be given to the children to give them proper nutrition. And sopas is one of the recommendations in schools to be served.
You can also cook this soup at home especially during cold, rainy days. Comfort your love ones by serving them a creamy, tasty Chicken Macaroni Soup.
Chicken Macaroni Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 250 g chicken breast fillet cut into small cubes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 pc hotdog
- ½ cup celery chopped
- 1 medium carrots julienned
- ¼ cup cabbage chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil then sauté the onion and garlic until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Add the chicken until tender and the color turns light brown. Put the elbow macaroni and stir a little bit. Pour the chicken stock and evaporated milk, simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the noodle is cook. Stir occasionally to prevent the noodle from sticking the pot.
- Add the hotdogs, carrots and celery, then season with salt and pepper. Let it cook for another 3-5 minutes or until the carrot is slightly tender. Serve immediately and enjoy!