Chicken Empanada Recipe is popular all around the globe, and it is one of the recipes which have a lot of variations in many countries including the Philippines.
Empanadas, also called turnovers, are typically stuffed with anything you can imagine. The stuffing is mainly meat like chicken, pork, and beef.
Many variations of this delicacy have been made with vegetables, fruits, cheese, onions, raisins, carrots, and green peas. Potatoes can also be added as extenders.
Empanadas are perfect as snacks or as appetizers. They are typically made in small proportions and served in parties and different occasions. It can sometimes be a finger food.
The trick is to make the batches small so that two or three bites will suffice to fill your belly. Among the different preparation of empanadas, the most popular one is this chicken empanada recipe.
You can also make your own version of this recipe. Cooking it is simple, and the instructions are very easy to follow. Even though the empanada recipe originally has Spanish influence, it was modified, and some ingredients have been altered to cater the preferences of the locals.
If you visit the Philippines you will see Empanada Recipe sold at the MRT as well as shopping malls, they are usually eaten during breaks or breakfast for those who do not have the time to cook for the morning rush.
Chicken Empanada Recipe
- 500 g breast chicken fillet
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 pc fresh egg
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar and mix well.
- Add the butter gradually and mix using pastry blender at the same time pour some water.
- Take a portion and shape in circle.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, chicken, carrots and potato.
- Add the water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now add the green peas raisin, salt and pepper.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Flatten the dough using a rolling pin.
- Fill the though and secure.
- Fold the edge of the dough and do the same for the rest of the dough.
- Apply egg wash on both sides.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes in 200 degrees.
ilan po qty ng buttet
Merly L.Estillore says
How about posting the precedure? Thank you.
hi Merly the procedure is already there they call it in Instructions here
Divina E.Lopez says
So yummy went im cooking Empanada so thanks for the recipe and how to cooked..