Cheeseburger mashed potato dippers will help you make things more exciting at the dining table. I don’t know about you, but just the sound of it already makes my mouth water. Imagine, flavors of both cheeseburger and mashed potato put in one meal. What more can you ask for? It totally sounds like heaven on earth.
Sure, the number of calories you’ll get from it can be a little concerning. But it’s not bad to enjoy ourselves with sumptuous food every once in a while right? Well then, if you agree with me, then let us go and prepare all that we’ll be needing for this recipe.
Ingredients and Substitute
For the mashed potato:
It is preferable to use medium potato for the recipe. But adjust the amount if only other sizes are available.
Milk gives your mashed potatoes creaminess and smooth consistency. Healthier alternatives for this ingredient differ, from coconut milk to almond milk.
Butter also helps in achieving smooth consistency. At the same time, we’ll acquire a rich and buttery taste thanks to this. To add a vegan touch, you may opt for extra virgin olive oil.
A little bit of salt is necessary to add to the flavor of our amazing fritters.
The crispy bacon, which will be cut into small pieces, is gonna give the dish a more cheeseburger feel. Because who wouldn’t want some bacon with their burger, am I right?
Some cheddar cheese will provide us with another familiar taste in our chompers. This will make it a lot more delicious. You may use vegan cheese for this.
We will use chopped parsley for a taste of herbs. It has a powerful and unique herbal taste that makes the overall flavor even better.
Also, pepper to make it taste more delicious and exciting.
For the burger patty:
Lean minced beef makes the best burger patty. They become very juicy when cooked.
Salt and pepper for enhanced flavor. Along with garlic powder and onion powder.
We will be needing bread crumbs, eggs, and flour for the breading. Since we will be frying the dippers, these ingredients will give it a very crispy exterior. Then sesame seeds for additional flavor and to make it more like a burger.
How to make
Skin and dice the potatoes. Then get a pot and boil water. Cook the potatoes until they become tender. Drain and place in a bowl to set aside.
In a pan, fry bacon until it becomes crispy. Cut into tidbits afterward.
Mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy. Put butter, milk, and salt as you mash them.
Transfer the mashed potato into another bowl. Add in cheddar cheese, bacon tidbits, chopped parsley, and black pepper. Mix until everything is well combined.
Put the minced beef in a separate bowl. Add the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper then mix everything well.
Shape the seasoned minced beef into small patties. Fry each of them in the frying pan until they turn golden brown.
Get a handful of the mashed potatoes to flatten on your hand. Place a patty and a slice of cheddar cheese before sealing and shaping into a ball. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
Roll each potato ball in flour, beaten eggs, and the bread crumbs and sesame seed mix.
Use a pan to heat oil for deep frying. Fry the potato dippers on each side until they are golden brown in color. Drain the excess oil after frying.
Serve your cheeseburger mashed potato dippers with dips like tomato ketchup and enjoy!
Cheeseburger Mashed Potato Dippers Recipe
- 5 medium potato peeled
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp pepper
- 500 g lean minced beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 12 sliced cheddar cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- ¾ cup flour
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the potatoes until tender. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy. Add butter, milk and salt, continue to mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Using a pan over medium heat, pan-fry the bacon until crispy. Cut into tidbits and set aside.
- Combine the mashed potato, cheddar cheese, bacon tidbits, chopped parsley and black pepper. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine minced beef, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Shape the minced beef into small patties and pan-fry until it is golden brown.
- Scoop about 3-4 tablespoon of the mashed potato and flatten on your hand. Place the beef patty in the center and a slice of cheddar cheese. Seal and shape into a ball. Repeat the same procedure for the remaining ingredients. Roll each piece in flour, beaten eggs, bread crumbs and sesame seed mix.
- Using the same pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Fry the potato dippers until golden brown on each side. Drain excess oil and serve with tomato ketchup.