Cauliflower Fried Rice is a healthier alternative to white rice. Usually, health-conscious people and diet enthusiasts eat it a lot.
But the reason for eating this dish does not always have to be for the sake of losing weight. Because overall, the recipe is very nutritious and beneficial to whoever eats it.
As much as possible, I would prepare the healthiest possible meals for my family. Even if my kids roll their eyes when seeing veggies prepared on our table, I still try my best to give them their daily dose of nutrients. Luckily, the recipe disguises cauliflower into normal rice. I also love seeing people’s insights regarding the recipe because they seem to make it a lot more interesting. According to them, it tastes awesome! To the point where you would not notice that it is entirely made from cauliflower.
True enough, the people who benefit the most from the recipe are diet enthusiasts. They come up with several recipes that make use of ingredients known to contain specific nutrients. This dish uses the substitution of cauliflower to obtain a low carb meal since rice contains high amounts of carbs. This way, they can still enjoy similar goodness without having to sacrifice their diet. Plus, normal people can benefit a lot from it too! By using this recipe, we get a wider variety of healthy nutrients. Amazing, right?
Tips How to Cook Cauliflower Fried Rice
- If you are using the recipe for diet purposes, it is best to not add too many ingredients. But if it serves as an alternative, you can add pieces of ham, eggs, corn, and green peas for additional flavor.
- Never throw your cauliflower leftovers again. Use them for this dish and buy some more if you think it isn’t enough.
- Some recipes prefer to squeeze the juice from cauliflower but I want to take advantage of all the nutrients and vitamins from this delicious vegetable so I choose not to do that.
- I prefer to use frozen vegetables for this recipe because I don't want it to be mushy like canned green peas.
Who said only people on diet can eat cauliflower fried rice? Its final taste can be adjusted to anyone’s liking, that’s why it appeals to those who love eating healthy foods. This may be the sign you are waiting for to try this dish together with your family.
Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 0.44 lbs chicken fillet cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.7 oz frozen green peas
- 1.7 oz frozen carrots
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp spring onions chopped, optional
- Remove the core of the cauliflower and chop into florets. Use a food processor and pulse the cauliflower until the texture resembles a rice or couscous. Do not over process to avoid making it mushy.
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat, add the olive oil. Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook until light brown. Add the sesame oil then put it on the side of the pan.
- Pour the scrambled egg into the pan. Cook until set, turning a few times. Combine the chicken and egg together.
- Add the cauliflower rice and sauté together with the frozen carrot and green peas.
- Put the soy sauce and continue to stir. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the cauliflower is crispy on the outside but tender on the inside. Season with black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with spring onions.