Bubble Milk Tea is a current trend that everyone is going crazy about.
There are different flavors and varieties, and you may try each one of them until you can pick which one is your favorite. You may choose additions to the drink too, just like whipped cream for toppings or if you prefer black pearls or coffee jelly.
As its popularity continues to flourish until today, it can now be considered as the favorite drink of almost every Filipino, who are all prepared to fall in long lines just get a sip of the famous cooler.
It is still a mystery about how the drink became very popular in the Philippines. One day, shops were all lined up on the streets and they are even widespread all around the country.
There were sudden long lines which can go as far as the outside of the stores and the people going out were smiling widely as they bought a cup for themselves. It has since become a drink of comfort for most Filipinos. Whenever they are stressed, happy, sad, or celebrating something - a cup of the cool drink seems to fit any of those moods perfectly.
Based on its taste, it can be clearly seen that the refreshment has Chinese roots. It is, indeed, where it actually came from - Taiwan. As the Taiwanese already enjoy drinking tea, they thought of a way to make it more enjoyable even for the young ones. It began the joyful history of the beverage, which was then adopted by the Filipinos starting the year 2008 when the first store to sell the refreshment - named Serenitea - was opened to the public.
Tips How to Make Bubble Milk Tea
- Cook the Boba or black tapioca pearl according to the packaging instruction.
- Make your own Bubble Milk Tea so you can adjust the sweetness based on your preference.
- Use at least 4 strong black tea bags, you may want to add more sugar when steeping the tea. For this recipe, I did not add sugar because I already put honey on the tapioca.
- After cooking the black tapioca pearl, drain and rinse with cold water.
You can actually customize your bubble milk tea by choosing which flavor to get, if you want pearls, jellies, or toppings, and even the sugar level of the drink. Every sip of the refreshment will bring you a pang of happiness.
The combination of milk and tea is surprisingly good, both in taste and health benefits. Imagine getting the nutrients from both of those ingredients, it’s really an amazing combination! It is overall a refreshing beverage with plenty of health benefits.
Bubble Milk Tea Recipe
- ½ cup black tapioca pearl
- 400 ml water for boiling the pearl
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 black tea bag
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- ½ cup whole milk
- ice cubes
Prepare the tapioca pearl
- Bring a small pot of water to boil, add the tapioca pearl. Stir well to prevent them from sticking together. Cook them for at least 5-7 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer in a small bowl and mix it with honey.
Prepare the tea
- Add the tea bags to the hot boiled water. Stir well to combine and steep until the water reaches room temperature. Remember to use strong black tea.
Assembling the Bubble Milk Tea
- Get the glasses and put about 2 tablespoonful of tapioca pearl. Add the condensed milk, then pour the tea until half full.
- Lastly, pour the milk and add some ice cubes. Serve with large straw and enjoy this relaxing drinks.
Leave a Reply