Bistek Tagalog Recipe is a mouthwatering dish that would make you hungry for more. It’s cooked pan fried and then simmered.
It is marinated using soy sauce and lemon juice or calamansi juice for a certain period of time for a more flavorful steak. Onions are used as toppings and also an important ingredient to the dish that adds to its yummy taste.
Bistek Tagalog is another beef dish. It again requires proper cooking of the meat. The beef should be tenderized.
If the meat is a tough one, you should use a pressure cooker. The taste of this dish will depend on the texture of the beef so make sure that it is properly cooked.
Or choose the tender part of the beef so it won’t have to require you to pressurize the meat. In marinating it, remember to follow the required time to make sure of its best taste.
Be reminded also of the time in pan frying the meat because too much time in cooking it will make the meat rubbery.
Food lovers can decide on what meat to use when cooking Bistek. The price of the beef meat and pork meat has a big difference.
So, when cooking Bistek, we actually has choices. Though both is equally good for cooking Bistek, we can choose between beef and pork.
Another thing to consider in choosing the meat is its preparation time. Beef consumes much time due to its meat quality (although Bistek is Beefsteak).
On the other hand, pork is much easier to chew and requires lesser time to be tenderized if needed. Once you’ve decided what to use in Bistek, the same manner of preparing it should be followed to make sure of a flavorful dish.
Filipinos are food lovers and Bistek is on top of their list when we are talking of saucy dishes. It is very easy to prepare and the ingredients do not require too much time to be done.
If you wanted a dish that can wow your family or your visitors, choose Bistek Tagalog.You can add a twist in this dish like adding a garnish aside from the onion toppings.
This dish can be cooked in all types of occasions and it will never bring you down. The taste of Bistek whether it is beef or pork is the BEST!
Bistek Tagalog Recipe
- 350 g beef
- 1 large onion
- 7 pcs calamansi
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- Marinate the beef on a deep mixing bowl with soy sauce and calamansi.
- Use a filter to separate the calamansi seed, it will make the beef taste bitter if you forget to do so.
- Set aside or put in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate. (do not freeze)
- After an hour, pre-heat a deep pan in medium fire and put the marinated beef with the sauce.
- Add 2 ½ cups of water then cook for 20 minutes or until the beef becomes tender.
- Separate and set aside some of the water.
- Let it cook until the remaining water evaporates.
- Add some cooking oil and fry the beef.
- Put back the sauce and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top it with onion rings.