Yema Cake Recipe is a new innovation from the many Filipinos working overseas and the one’s at home.
It is not known who created it first or if it was from a restaurant and if it has been sold or being sold by any bakery in the Philippines but one thing is for sure, this Yema Cake Recipe is really good!
We added a twist by loading it with cheese, meaning the inside is full of cheesiness and instead of being soft and airy in the middle we made it stuffy and creamy when eaten.
It is heavy and may not be very healthy for some, it is highly recommended that you do burn those fats in the gym when you cook this either on Christmas or New Year.
If you noticed our version is well done just like cooking a steak and may appear a little bit burnt to some, if you prefer it light and not too cooked in the inside you can shorten the cooking time as opposed to what we showed in the procedure.
A tip when cooking the Yema Topping, make sure to put the heat in low and ensure to keep on stirring to avoid from burning which will cause bitter taste and bad presentation.
We would suggest to carefully follow the instructions and if ever you have any doubts or even suggestions if you see anything that we can improve in our next publications.
Please leave them in the comments, or send us a message. We would appreciate if you can give this Yema Cake Recipe a rating too.
Just click the stars at the bottom and let us know why you gave it that score. Thank you for visiting and I hope you learn from this Yema Cake Recipe.
Yema Cake Recipe
Yema Cake Recipe is a trending dessert prepared by curious Filipinos around the world who has the passion in cooking. It is very popular nowadays that many are preparing and cooking it for their family to enjoy.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 pcs egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 250g cream cheese
- 760g condensed milk
- 5 pcs egg yolk
- 250g cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- Separate the egg yolks and put it in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and cream cheese in a boiling water.
- Add in the evaporated milk.
- Mix the cake flour, as well as the butter and cream cheese mixture.
- Add the egg gradually and mix well.
- Pour the lemon juice and mix again.
- Mix the egg white, 1/4 tsp cream of tartar using an electric mixer in medium speed.
- Add in the sugar and mix until stiff peak.
- Combine it with the cream cheese and butter mixture.
- Mix slowly using spatula.
- Put it in a baking pan and bake for 20 - 30 minutes at 160 Degrees Celcius
- Cook the toppings in a separate pot.
- Add the 2 cans of condensed milk, and gradually add the egg yolks in the pot.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Continuously stir until it becomes thick.
- Pour the toppings in the cake and grate desired amount of cheess on top.